Monday 20 August 2012

Queen of Heathen and Earth


This most illustrious goddess is the first one I fell in love with, no matter how wrong that may be. It meant that I could not engage in mortal love for quite some time. Never the less she has guided me in my chemogenetic descents to the underworld and made me a stronger, more fully enlightened human being and shaman, my own rainbow. She is the symbol of my anima and represents all otherness and inbetweeness. There was a time when I projected her onto certain women in my life but realise now that these females are perfect as they are, doing what they should be doing, so I must do what I need to do and believe only in the great mother, the triumvirate of which Inanna is one aspect.

Queen Inanna’s descent into the underworld is a tale of initiation into the mysteries of the occult and represents the spiritual struggle of both pleasure and pain with this mortal coil and the ethereal mirror of which we are a part. The descent is essentially a crucifixion story that embraces the balance of our own true nature, both dark and light, two thousand to three thousand years before Christ.

Inanna’s descent to Erishkigal’s kingdom and ascendance to the Sumerland arguably symbolises the transcendence of consciousness in humanity and the concept of self-knowledge not hypocrisised by monotheism but distinctly Pagan in nature. I find her struggle to be a representation of symbolic esoteric sorcery, not only inspirational but a metaphor for my astral adventures in the otherworld.        


No comments:

Post a Comment